Membership Terms & Conditions
- These Terms & Conditions apply to membership of The Dance Register and are entered into with the named individual who has subscribed to The Dance Register. The Dance Training & Accreditation Partnership (DTAP) reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time and undertakes to communicate material changes to all Members.
- Benefits and services included in membership of The Dance Register may change from time to time, and DTAP will list the current offer on this website and in membership publicity and joining forms.
- DTAP reserves the right to update Dance Register Minimum Entry Requirements from time to time, and based on consultation with the dance industry
- Anyone who is a dance teacher, leader or artist, is proven to meet The Dance Register Minimum Entry Requirements, and who signs up to/adheres to The Dance Register Code of Professional Conduct is eligible to join as a member of The Dance Register. DTAP reserves the right to refuse membership should it be proven that an applicant is not a dance teacher, leader or artist and/or does not meet the Minimum Entry Requirements and/or fails to sign up/adhere to the Code of Professional Conduct.
- Becoming a member of The Dance Register carries no legal responsibility for the member in respect of The Dance Register or DTAP, nor does it carry voting rights at meetings or liability in respect of any debts incurred by DTAP. The term “member” is the name used to describe the group of people that access The Dance Register services and benefits via The Dance Register’s paid subscription programme.
- Annual membership fees are payable at the point of joining, and are either received by your Gateway Organisation, or by the Council for Dance Education & Training (CDET) on DTAP’s behalf if you are joining via Direct Entry. All joining and membership renewal fees are to be received in one payment, at the commencement of each subscription year. Membership runs for one year from your date of acceptance onto The Dance Register.
- DTAP or your Gateway Organisation will contact you to inform you when your membership is due for renewal and will provide renewal forms and information about payment methods. Your membership will lapse and become void if monies due remain unpaid after 30 days of your renewal date. DTAP or your Gateway Organisation will contact you if your membership becomes lapsed.
- Membership of The Dance Register is not transferrable. Membership fees are non-refundable unless The Dance Register (DTAP) fails in its duty to provide you with the benefits and services stated at the time of your membership application. Should benefits and services cease, DTAP reserves the right to refund only the membership fees remaining to the end of the subscription year, based on a pro rata allocation of the annual subscription fee over 12 months from the joining/renewal date. Any request for a refund of membership fees must be put in writing and addressed to the DTAP Programme Manager.
- You have the right to withdraw your membership of The Dance Register at any time. However, a refund for the “unused” portion of the membership will not be provided.
- If a member of The Dance Register is found to be in breach of the Minimum Entry Requirements and/or Code of Professional Conduct, DTAP reserves the right to act according to The Dance Register Disciplinary Procedure and, based on the findings of these processes, to terminate membership of The Dance Register effective immediately. In accordance with the Disciplinary Procedure, the member in question will be notified before any withdrawal of membership by DTAP takes place, and the matter will be treated in the strictest confidence. If your membership of The Dance Register is terminated in this context, no part of your annual subscription fee will be refunded.
- It is your responsibility to inform DTAP or your Gateway Organisation if your situation changes or the information included on your Dance Register profile is incorrect or out of date. DTAP accepts no responsibility or liability for incorrect information on a member’s professional profile.
- It is your responsibility to inform DTAP if you cease operating as a dance teacher, leader or artist during the membership year. If you cease operating as a dance teacher, leader or artist your professional profile can be removed from the public Dance Register, but the membership fee for the entire year is non-refundable.
- DTAP accepts no liability whatsoever for any harm, damage or loss, howsoever caused, which results through being a member of The Dance Register.
- DTAP reserves the right to remove any defamatory, offensive, libellous or discriminatory information included in a member profile.
- Due to data protection, the default position for all teacher profiles on The Dance Register is that no contact information is included on a profile. You can however, opt in to including your contact details in your online profile, via an "opt-in" facility included in the Business Contact Details area. Please note that if you opt in to including your contact details on your profile, you are consenting to including contact details on your public profile, and are doing so at your own risk. If you do not specifically opt in to including your contact details on your profile, no details will be displayed and members of the public will contact you via an online enquiry form.
- As a member of The Dance Register you must obtain appropriate permissions/consent before posting any images on your professional profile. DTAP reserves the right to remove any uploaded content on a member’s profile, where it can be proved that appropriate permissions have not been obtained.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear or decide any claim, action or proceedings and to settle any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions, and for these purposes each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.